Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hi, friend. Bye, friend.

The problem with us is we don't "fight". Yes, we scream at each other at the top of our lungs - not in conversation, but during random, extreme moments. And one's shout would always guarantee a very calm and inquisitive "Why are you shouting at me?" reply. That's the farthest we've gone to "fighting" and asking for answers. Because we never get them. Because we never give them.

It gets hard sometimes. That's why sometimes I wish we would just fight. I could imagine so many scenarios when it'd happen, but it never does. It had played so perfectly so many times on my mind, me already memorizing every line to be said. But no, frustratingly, we never fight.

I'd like to get out everything - to say everything I want. But I can't. Because we don't fight. Before I know it, it's over. It happened, then it's over. We were mad at each other, and now we're not. Should I just get used to it? No, wait. Let me rephrase that. I'm used to it. But should we always be this way?

We don't talk. We're mad at each other secretly, and at some point in time, loathe each other. But why don't we talk about it? Are we both too scared to say things we don't mean just because we got into the heat of things? Or are we afraid to say things that, in the future, won't really make any sense?

Whatever it was, I still wish we'd talk. I still wish we fix problems like normal friends do. Because these problems pile up. And I don't do piles. I can't keep this up. Things between us blow up as fast as they materialize. And I don't like it anymore. Have never liked it.

I wish we'd "fight" sometimes.

No comments: