Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nobody seems to remember but me and you.

All around us, people are stirring and going about their business like they don't care; Like there isn't a friendship on the rocks and on the verge of breaking. Why is it of magnanimous impact to only me and you? Why does it matter so much to me and you -  that we're not talking, that we're mad at each other? Yet it means nothing to the people around us?

Maybe they know that this has got to end somewhere; together or apart, they're still our friends. I really don't know when this'll end or if this has an ending. But one thing I know, I still can't see it coming. The feelings are still here, pushing its way to consciousness; and the wounds, still very fresh. I can't forgive and you can't apologize. I won't forget and you won't be modest.

Everything and everyone's pushing me towards you - towards talking to you again and being okay with this one-sided friendship. Don't they know that it hurts too much to stay, hurts more to let go, and hurts even more to go back? Shizz. Here I am again, vulnerable as hell. Why'd you have to make me feel this way?

This should be the last time I am to talk about you. This must be the last time I will be feeling sorry, feeling hurt, and feeling alone. I have a lot of friends, still. And if you don't want to be one of them, fine. I should be able to care less. Go ahead, laugh your head off because I can't move on from everything I thought we went through together.

No comments: